Select the links below to find more information you may need
Privacy of our customers is critically important to us. LimeLite Web Design respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal information.
WHAT IS THE CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT?
The Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 was signed on 24 April 2009.
It aims to:
- Promote a fair, accessible and sustainable marketplace for consumer products and services;
- Establish national norms and standards to ensure consumer protection;
- Make provision for improved standards of consumer information, to prohibit certain unfair marketing and business practices;
- Promote responsible consumer behaviour;
- Promote a consistent legislative and enforcement framework, related to consumer transactions and agreements;
- Establish the National Consumer Commission; and Replace, in a new and simplified manner, existing provisions from five acts, including the Consumer Affairs (Unfair Business Practices) Act of 1988; Trade Practices Act of 1976;Sales and Service Matters Act of 1964; Price Control Act of 1964; and Merchandise Marks Act of 1941 (specifically Sections 2-13, and 16-17).